Monday, May 23, 2011

Shamanista Dawn

I am in NYC just back from a phenomenal weekend of shamanic work with Shamanista Healing Circle.  It confirmed my knowledge that Witchcraft and Shamanism are the same thing.  The movement of energy, the spirituality of the earth and everything in/on it, the importance of intention, the centrality of freedom, integrity, and respect--it's all there--or can be.

I know I'll be writing much more about all this in future.  For now, I'll just say that after doing a soul retrieval journey for someone this weekend, I felt the need to channel a small healing poem for him--a kind of a charm, talisman, that he could use to embody his healing, carry with him, and re-cast the spell whenever he needed it.

The connection between poetry and healing is ancient.  And one thing I learned this weekend is that the ancient things are not far away, just because they are ancient.  In fact, they may be the closest to us of all, because they are the things that arise naturally out of being human.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The connection between poetry and healing is ancient. And one thing I learned this weekend is that the ancient things are not far away, just because they are ancient. In fact, they may be the closest to us of all, because they are the things that arise naturally out of being human."

This spoke to my soul. Thank you. I needed to read it. I admire your work--how you write about the sacred. What you have to say goes deeper than the top layers.

Annie Finch said...

thank you patricia! : )
i feel blessed to encounter so many amazing people and experiences all coming to consciousness now